Re: [pygame] Starter needs some basic help.

Peter Kastberger schrieb:

Hi all!

I do have some basic questions regarding Pygame and hope you can help me. I tried to write a script, that just displays a window with text. So far so good, but
I can’t exit the application.
Does anybody have a glue what I could change? Thank you!

Here’s the script:

import os, sys, pygame

from pygame.locals import *

pygame.init()

scr_mode = 640, 480

screen = pygame.display.set_mode(scr_mode)

pygame.display.set_caption("Pygame Window")

background = pygame.Surface(screen.get_size())

background = background.convert()

green = 0,255,0

background.fill(green)

font = pygame.font.Font(None, 36)

text = font.render("TESTSTRING", 1, (10, 10, 10))

textpos = text.get_rect(centerx=background.get_width()/2)

background.blit(text, textpos)

screen.blit(background, (0,0))

pygame.display.flip()

clock = pygame.time.Clock()

while 1:

clock.tick(60)

for event in pygame.event.get():

if event.type == QUIT:

pygame.quit #shouldn’t this exit the script?

elif event.type == KEYDOWN and event.key == K_ESCAPE:

pygame.quit #shouldn’t this exit the script?

elif event.type == MOUSEBUTTONDOWN:

print "left mousebutton, right mousebutton pressed?"

elif event.type == MOUSEBUTTONUP:

print "button released??"

screen.blit(background, (0,0))

pygame.display.flip()

Hi

yes it should if you put the brackets:

pygame.quit() #shouldn’t this exit the script?

:-)

~DR0ID