Re: [pygame] sndarray from line in?

Ian Mallett wrote:
This is a somewhat related topic to one of my questions. Perhaps we could answer both at the same time. :) I'm looking at doing the reverse: taking a series of data in the range [-1.0,1.0] and playing it through the speakers.

Getting from a sound buffer of samples to the audio card is pretty easy. Use the sndarray module to convert number arrays into a Sound object.

There is no support for reading the "line in" or "microphone". This isn't supported by SDL or SDL_mixer, so Pygame is kind of stuck for now. There are other libraries that can get this data for you in Python, but I'm not sure how cross platform any of them are.