Re: [pygame] Hardware acceleration

Please post the code you are using to init the display surface. You may not in fact be getting a hardware surface, try printing the surface object to see what type it actually is. Also, are you sure drawing is the thing making the framerate too slow? Also, what are you drawing that is slow?

Note that hardware surfaces can actually be slower than sw surfaces for certain operations, so getting a hw surface is not necessarily going to speed things up unless you make sure you avoid operations that must copy data to and from main memory and the video card.

-Casey