[pygame] Problem(s) running in OS X Leopard

Hello again,

I uninstalled PyDev and PyDev Extensions and reinstalled (in Eclipse) and finally got pygame working!

Am relatively new to both Python and Pygame (although I am very astounded by the Python language and the Pygame module)! :-)

I created this sample app (and have placed the car.png inside the same directory as main.py):

Here's main.py:

import os, sys
import pygame
from pygame.locals import *

if not pygame.font: print 'Warning, fonts disabled'
if not pygame.mixer: print 'Warning, sound disabled'

screen = pygame.display.set_mode((1024,768))
car = pygame.image.load("/Users/untz/DevProjects/Python/ pygame_tutorial1/src/car.png")
screen.blit(car, (200,300))
pygame.display.flip()

Problems:

(1) A small black window appears and then disappears! (without me seeing the car.png image)!

(2) While the program is running, this is what shows in the Eclipse Console View (is this an incompatibility issue with OS X Leopard's new CoreAnimation library)?

2008-02-27 18:57:46.287 Python[92860:10b] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz

(3) Is there an easier way to see the this picture in the screen?

Many, many thanks!

Happy programming,

Unnsse