Re: [pygame] Sound to String

Ian Mallett wrote:
You could always record the sound you want to play, but actually rendering sound from text might be difficult. If anyone knows, I'd like to know too.
Rendering sound is a pretty common operation called Text-to-Speech. I'm sure you could find an open-source C library for this and wrap it with ctypes. If there isn't one, someone needs to start one immediately. If anyone takes up wrapping this, let me know, cause I'm interested too. Also, if you don't know how to wrap it but you find a suitable library let me know as well.
Also it's quite possible there's already a Python library for TTS.
I haven't done any research into TTS in about 5 years.