Re: [pygame] Python - Pygame - PyOpenGL performance

There are certain easy ways to optimize certain techniques.

For example, I wanted an OpenGL program with many many particles.
They had only to be one color, and should be pretty small.  The
solution was to use shaders to draw points.  I got over one million
(1024**2) particles at 50fps using this technique.  Still, the
solutution ended up being pretty complicated.

I'm guessing that for better results, you'll likewise want something
more complex.  There's not really a way around it.  Display lists are
the easiest method I've seen for drastically improving performance.
If you want faster, you'll need more code.

Ian