Re: [pygame] Pygame, pyglet, 2d, 3d, and performance (reflexions/discussion)

The fact that GPUs are great at parallel processing and CPUs aren't so great means that any graphics should go on the GPU for best performance.  This is true for both high-end and low-end machines.

But, in fact, CPUs are fast enough to run 2D graphics.  Fpr example, plenty of CPU-graphics games run on my new laptop (course, it's hex-core, 3.46-3.73GHz).  I also feel like technology will continue increasing, so CPUs will get faster.

Bottom line is: graphics-wise, CPUs are fast, GPUs are faster.  You want best performance, use the GPU.  You want easy, use the CPU.

Ian