Re: [pygame] Build instructions for pygame

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Paul Vincent Craven <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not much there in the wiki. Instructions are for mingw, and Visual Studio 2003, neither one of which I think it compiles under. I'd love to by able to get a good compile, but the dependencies are killing me. I can compile and have it find most of the dependencies, but when I try to run it I get a missing dll error or it will hang or something.

Paul Vincent Craven
The world is onto Visual Studio 2012 now, and 2008 has been a standard compilation platform for even ancient packages. The oldest I've ever seen being used, in recent memory, is VS 2005.

Perhaps the compilation instructions should be updated. Using a compiler that's a decade out of date as "current" is somewhat regrettable, methinks.

Ian