Re: [pygame] Start of an OpenGL accelerated Pygame

Hi,

nice work!  I've always thought a wrapper over the top of pgreloaded (pygame2) would be a way to go.  I think your work proves a somewhat compatible API is possible.  The layered API style design is quite nice I think.  Layering the pygame API over the top of the more 1-1 SDL 2 API which is pgreloaded.  Marcus has done a crapton of good work with pgreloaded, especially with unit tests, portability, examples and such.  As well, it uses ctypes, making it more pypy compatible.  For these reasons, I think it would be worthwhile considering to build a drop in replacement on top of that, rather than by building a layer like this on top of cpp.  I'm not trying to diss your work, just giving an opinion of one way to do it :)

cheers,