Re: [pygame] How to control the physical size of displayed objects?

Le 27/02/2013 17:08, Thomas Kluyver a écrit :
On 27 February 2013 15:55, James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Oh, one more thought! This question got me curious, and after some
    googling, I saw a nifty suggestion on stackoverflow. In addition to
    displaying a ruler, your calibration screen could also display photos of
    some common coins, since whoever is doing the calibration might have an
    easier time locating a coin than locating a ruler.

Obviously you'll get a more accurate calibration with a larger object,
but for some purposes, I guess speed beats accuracy.

Another option would be to use a standard paper size, e.g. 'make this
line match the short edge of a piece of A4 paper'.

Thanks to you and James Paige. This confirms my first research.

There are some API in GTK but apparently (as reported for other API) it's not very precise: for my monitor it says 212mmx339mm while from my ruler it's more something like 209mmx330mm.

I think I will code simple program to calibrate the monitor using values obtained by GTK as a first guess.

The application will mostly be used under Mac OS so maybe the values will be right here.

It's puzzling that such simple things are so hard. On most PDF readers you can fit the screen size to the real physical size. I guess fitting is only a close approximation.

Mathieu