[pygame] Playing with Flatpak packaging

I spent a while today playing with Flatpak, a new system for packaging sandboxed applications on Linux. The result is an example that can build and install Pygame's Aliens example game:

https://github.com/takluyver/pygame-flatpak-test

If you're running Fedora 24+, Ubuntu 16.10 (might need a PPA?) Debian testing/unstable or Arch, you can install Flatpak and try it out.

This is quite rough at the moment, but I think it has good potential for distributing games to Linux users in the future. It looks like [1] Flatpak is on its way to becoming the default cross-distro app distribution mechanism for desktop Linux.

The big improvement I'd like to make is building a dedicated Flatpak 'runtime' for pygame, including a newer version of Python - the base runtime I'm using at present has Python 3.4.

Thanks,
Thomas

[1] https://kamikazow.wordpress.com/2017/02/09/adoption-of-flatpak-vs-snap/