Re: [pygame] new additions

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Pete Shinners wrote:

>the other new feature is a new function;
>"Surface.subsurface(rect) -> Surface"
>this will return a new surface that shares the pixel data
>with the original surface. Note that only the pixel data
>is shared. so things like clipping, colorkeys, etc are
>independent.

Well, *this* is something I welcome with open arms. We too have a "panel"
at the bottom of the screen, and it has always been a question of should
it be referenced with absolute coordinates of the the entire screen, or
with relative coordinates within the panel. This addition makes it easier
to handle.

Good work, Pete!