RE: [pygame] Install problems with libpng

Hi Pete & others.

SGR> pygame-1.5.3.1 requires libpng12.so.0, which I
SGR> don't have. I don't have it because libpng12.so.0
SGR> is in libpng-1.2.2-6; but I already have
SGR> libpng-2.1.0.12-25, which does not have
SGR> libpng12.so.0.

PS> sorry this took so long, i wanted to verify my
PS> pygame RPM file before responding. the pygame
PS> RPM only requires SDL >= 1.2.2. for building from
PS> source rpm it does need several "SDL_*-devel"
PS> packages installed.

Thanks for getting back to me about this.

PS> it must be some other rpm, like SDL or SDL_image
PS> that is depending on that specific version of
PS> libpng, but it should be the pygame one. unless
PS> this is some rpm other than the one from the pygame
PS> site?

I'm using the standard RPM from the pygame site, so I took a look at all of my required packages to try to figure out where I'd gone wrong and I realise I have a problem with SDL_ttf:

ravenhall:~ # rpm -Uvh SDL_ttf-2.0.5-1.i686.rpm
file /usr/bin/showfont from install of SDL_ttf-2.0.5-1 conflicts with file from package kbd-1.05-74

Is the "i686" RPM appropriate for an AMD Duron?  How can I cope with both packages wanting the same file?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Stew