Re: [pygame] movie size limit

sashan wrote:
What about using libxine instead of smpeg? There is a python wrapper for libxine http://pyxine.sourceforge.net/readme.html although it looks to be in its infancy
Yes, I'll update the docs that mpeg support is very limited, and breaks for most movie files.

I'm very open to an alternate decoding backend. Ideally it would run crossplatform so everyone could play. I've looked at libavfile a few times. It seems very promising. Supports tons of video and audio formats, runs crossplatform, and has some simple examples including an SDL player.

I would definitely help anyone trying to get this rolling. Video playback is a cool feature. Not really one that I'm going to use though, so I'm not too motivated to start experimenting with some small tricky code.

Oh, in case you are looking, libavfile is included with the ffmpeg project.