[pygame] Re: Dependency issue/ cxfreeze

Hi Mike

Yes, I tried it, I do the same thing width cxfreeze. If I good
remember, I had problem with cxfreeze, that is links python library
with dynamic link, so that the user, that wants to run your game has
to have python installed. I changed script, that do the compilation,
so that now it links python staticaly. I also add SDL* library to my
application directory and used scipt freely avalilable from loki, that
finds those libraryes and use them during run of my program. So that
now my game works without python and SDL installed.

If you want to know more, mail me and I will send you the scripts.

In windows I use py2exe, that works well, no fixing is needed here.

Have a nice day,

Jindra

Mike Wagman wrote:
I have sucessfully cxfrooze a pygame application for linux, and tested
the binary (which is a breeze once you get cxfreeze working) does anyone
know if there are any dependency issues. (My next step is to run rust
and build an rpm - so I can release a tar.gz, rpm and windows binary
together). Have not py2exe'd it yet - but have used py2exe before so I
don't expect any problems.