Re: [pygame] Fullscreen vs Windowed Alpha Blit speed?

Hi,

I tries your code and notice speed difference too. Playing with different flags I found a combination that works fast for me:

#flags = pygame.FULLSCREEN | pygame.DOUBLEBUF # slow
#flags = pygame.DOUBLEBUF | pygame.FULLSCREEN | pygame.HWSURFACE # slow
#flags = pygame.FULLSCREEN | pygame.HWSURFACE # slow

flags = pygame.FULLSCREEN              # <== fast running

screen = pygame.display.set_mode((1024,768), flags )

My guessing is that DOUBLEBUF flag enables synchronization with vertical blank and that kills your timing algorithm. In windowed mode this synchronization is never used so you don't see the problem.

Vladimir Ignatov