Re: [pygame] numpy array module now in the pygame development tree

Marcus von Appen wrote:
On, Sun Jan 06, 2008, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
[snip]
The code is also inefficient, not making proper use to numpy's type system. Using (numpy.uint8(0xff), numpy.uint8(0)) as the second argument to choose returns an array of uint8.

I do not know anything about the efficiency tweaks in numpy as the
available documentation lacks such things. I'd have expected it to match
the type automatically, but for now I changed the function using your
proposal. Thanks.

Regards
Marcus

I admit I made an assumption about efficiency. But I don't see how removing the "array = array.astype (numpy.uint8)" step, where an array of int32 is copied to a newly allocated array of uint8, will make things worse.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>