Re: [pygame] Re: PixelArray versus Surfarray + Numeric/NumPy

Marcus:  Thanks for illuminating the difference between PixelArray and Surfarray.  I'm trying to learn how use additive blending effectively, so I think I can use either module.

Patrick & Lenard:   Ok, I understand now that I should just use numpy.  After I looked in the arraydemo.py example I could see that the the changes needed to use numpy were not very significant.

Also, I'm finding this tutorial:
http://www.scipy.org/Tentative_NumPy_Tutorial#head-b43db272311d8133ab8ba29b6e8ff921da5e792d
to be very helpful.  It seems like numpy would make it fun and easy to dynamically operate on tile maps, in addition to pixel surfaces.

Many thanks,

Jordan