Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.9 Debian package

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Alexandre Quessy <alexandre@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> What is the state of the Debian packaging for Pygame 1.9 ?
> Arjan Scherpenisse has updated the Debian files. The package can be
> found at http://bitbucket.org/aalex/toonloop1/downloads/
> Please ask Arjan Scherpenisse at <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> if the
> maintainer needs those files.
>
> Does the Pygame project have a Debian maintainer ? I would like Pygame
> 1.9 to be packaged with Ubuntu 9.04 and in the Debian Testing distro.
> Right now, it seems it is still pygame 1.8 that is there. I am in tthe
> process of looking for a mentor to eventually become a maintainer
> myself, so I wouldn't mind looking after the packaging of Pygame as
> well if necessary.
>
> I would really like Pygame 1.9 to be in Debian and Ubuntu, so that I
> can release Toonloop as well.
> Thanks !
>
> --
> Alexandre Quessy
> http://alexandre.quessy.net/

hi,

it would be awesome if you updated the packaging for debian/ubuntu!

I filed bugs last year for debian, ubuntu, maemo... however none of
them have made an updated package.

There are the old maintainer emails listed on the packages, so you may
be able to email those people.  However, it would be cool if you were
the maintainer I think.

Maybe setting pygame up in a ubuntu PPA would help them speed up the
process of getting it in?  Or maybe attaching a patch to the bug
reports would also help.

cya.