Re: [pygame] Pygame2 alpha 3 README missing dependency: python-dev

On, Tue Jan 12, 2010, Evan Kroske wrote:

> I'm installing Pygame2 (alpha 3), following the instructions in the readme
> file. Unfortunately, the dependencies list is missing a dependency:
> python-dev. Without this package, the installation fails.

python and python-dev are some weird splits, some Linux distributors
perform.
Whenever dependencies are mentioned, the whole dependency is meant, with
all necessary bits and pieces installed by its default targets in the
original upstream package.

So, for the whole ubuntu/debian/fedora.... distributions, one mostly needs
all related dev packages, e.g. python + python-dev, sdl + del-dev, ...

Regards
Marcus