Re: [pygame] Pygame, images, and Macs

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Bob Irving <bobirv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We're using pygame in our CS classes here and have found that the built-in python (with Macs, which is what we use) works MOSTLY.

The big snag seems to be image files. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are jpgs, pngs, etc. They sometimes display and sometimes don't.

Our suspicion is that it is something in how either El Cap or Sierra processes image files that conflicts with pygame....

Has anyone found a solution?

​I'm not sure I apprehend the problem. In particular, "[t]hey sometimes display and sometimes don't" could mean any number of different things, and could be due to an error in your display code, invalid image data, bugs in PyGame or OSX, &c. Please explain more about how exactly it doesn't work.
Ian​