[pygame] Mac PyGame installation question

At one of the school where I teach, the IT department is responsible for configuring all the student and teacher computers.  They are the only ones who have the system passwords.

One of my classrooms is a Mac classroom - the teacher's computer and all the student computers are Macs (my other classroom is all Windows).  I did a quick check today and found that PyGame is not install on the Macs (it is install on the Windows systems).  I want to contact the IT department and ask them to install PyGame on all the Macs.  However, I'm not sure what the proper installation is.

All the Macs are running OS X 10.11 El Capitan, and have Python 2.7.(something) installed.  Since I cannot install anything on these systems, I need to give clear instructions to the IT department.  I have installed PyGame on Macs with OS X 10.9 (where I needed to install 32 bit Python), and recently on a Mac with OS X 10.12.

Can someone tell me what is the proper procedure for installing PyGame onto Macs with OS X 10.11?  (I'm hoping that it is as simple as downloading from the PyGame download page and running the installer - PyGame 1.9.1 would work fine for these students.)

Thanks in advance,

Irv