Re: [pygame] pygame.event.set_grab(True) ineffective under GNOME shell

I don't know specifically about whether there is a way to capture this in pygame (though I suspect not; I bet it's possible through platform-specific APIs, though), but I would comment that even if it were possible, it would be the Wrong Thing. This is an OS-level keypress; as you see, it exists so that the user can switch among applications; one application ought not (and indeed, should not be allowed to) capture this keypress.
Ian