[pygame] Hi, I'm new...

  Greetings pygame-ists,

  I've been told to develop a game, and have been given very detailed specs.
My first inclination was to do it with tkinter, as I had done all my
previous python games.
  However tkinter has so many horrible limitations w/r to games that I am
forced to look into other options.  So, here I am with pygame.
  My question right now (before I start learning another wrapper :) is 'Is
it feasible to use pygame?'.  The game I'm developing (with the help of a
team, I'm just head programmer/project head) will be an RPG based on a game
called Warhammer Quest.  The first thing I'll need is a relatively big
resolution, say eg 1024x768.  Also, the main area where all the action takes
place would be lovely as a changeable camera angle in a 3d world - but I
think I'm dreaming there.  I'll probably end up with something ala Diablo
I&II.  If I did have the time, could I develop a 3d engine for pygame?  Or
(even better) is there one already available?
  I have plenty of other questions, but I'm almost 90% sure they can be done
so I'll just ask this one - how well does pygame support threads?  One major
problem with tkinter is the fact that you can't have threaded operations
which all update the GUI - tcl crashes, every time.  And the workaround is
not pretty.
  Say eg that 4 warriors were standing in a dungeon room.  I would like them
all to be doing something each - breathing, reading a scroll, playing with
magic in the air, practising swings etc.  My solution would be to use a
seperate thread for each warrior - would this work in pygame, and if not how
would you approach it?

  Thanks!
  Glen.