[pygame] Clarification of mixer/channel/music_mixer objects...

Hi all!

Following on from a discussion Jan and I were
having, I was wondering if anyone could clarify
what support PyGames array of sound objects have
for stereo placement? Ie, does a channel object
have a range of positions from far-left to far-
right in the stereo space, or does it always play
accross both channels (center)?

If so, how do you set this placement? I couldn't
see anything in the docs (although I am short-
sighted!) that explained...

In addition, does the mixer_music object only
support playback of a large streamed wav file? No
other formats (Ogg/Mp3)?

Reason being; I was curious about writing some
ambiant background tracks for Civil, but if it's
a streamed format then the file would have to be
_huge_ to not get boring over time... MP3 would
save some space but MOD/X3M format support would
be ace and cut down file size tremendously...

Thanks in advance