Re: [pygame] py2exe and fonts

[Following up to myself]

The reason is easy to find when looking at the source src/font.c.

font_defaultpath is determined in the following way:

pygame is imported, since this is a module, the filename
of it is something like "c:\python21\pygame\__init__.py".
The "__init__.py" tail is stripped off, and "bluebold.ttf"
is appended, resulting in "c:\python21\pygame\bluebold.ttf".

If run in a py2exe'd executable, the filename of pygame
is something like '<package pygame.__init__>' or whatever,
at least the result will not be a usable filename pointing
to bluebold.ttf.

Pete, can (and should?) this be fixed in font.c?

Thomas