Re: [pygame] pygame 1.8.0pre build for Mac OS X available

On Jul 6, 2006, at 11:50 PM, Kamilche wrote:

Bob Ippolito wrote:
I found some time to throw together a universal pygame binary for Mac OS X from the current SVN (svn://seul.org/svn/pygame/trunk r809). This is using (and includes) the current release frameworks for SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf from libsdl.org, plus the current CVS of smpeg (made with a custom Xcode project), and latest release versions of libjpeg and libpng (compiled statically, universally, using the gcc-fat.sh script from SDL).
Note that smpeg on i386 is *not* MMX accelerated. I couldn't get it to build that way for some reason.
Everything from 1.7.x plus the new scrap module should be working. It does still require PyObjC, and possibly Numeric, to be installed. Both of these are also available from the pythonmac repository:
http://pythonmac.org/packages/py24-fat/
pygame
pygame-1.8.0pre-py2.4-macosx10.4.zip (MD5: f6ed5abbe207e0d7c569d2592a45adb6)
The Xcode project used to build smpeg is here:
http://undefined.org/python/smpeg-XcodeProjects-20060706.tgz
-bob
Will it work for the Intel based Macs? I noticed Pygame didn't have a binary for that yet.

Universal means i386 *and* ppc, so yes.

-bob