Re: [pygame] Growing Pygame

On 7/25/06, Phil Hassey <philhassey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
 On the template code front that pete suggested (having basic engine parts
people can use to customize), I think a great place for that would be the
pygame wiki.  Just slap your code between <code> </code> tags and there you
go.  The wiki is open to just about anything and if someone wants to start
up a code-snippet with tutorials section in it that would be fine.

I agree with the idea of using the pygame wiki, or some similar repository.

If I may suggest something slightly different (not working yet, but
should be soon!).
"Just slap your code between <pre title="external copycode"></pre> tags ..."

What is this about you ask?  I'm working, together with a Summer of
Code student, on an application called (for now) Crunchy Frog, that
takes some html code and embeds some "Python object" (interpreter, or
code editor with button to ask Python to execute the code) within the
browser page.  The idea is to transform a regular html-based tutorial
into an interactive tutorial.  One of the very_soon_to_be_implemented
feature is the ability to run programs in a separate process (so that
they don't block Crunchy Frog as they currently do).   The first demo
I plan to do using this feature is:
                A Basic Pygame Tutorial  :-)
You can see what Crunchy Frog can currently (version 0.6) do at
http://crunchy.sourceforge.net

Note that the above syntax ("external copycode") is not implemented
yet and may change between this message and the 1.0 version.  However,
as soon as the basic pygame tutorial is written, I'll make an
announcement on this list (which is what I was planning to do but,
given the current discussion, I thought I should make this
"pre-announcement".)

André