Re: [pygame] SVG?

On, Tue Jul 25, 2006, kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I was reading about "Scalable Vector Graphics" (SVG), a technique that
> makes graphics more easily scalable between different hardware
> configurations. Would this system be useful somehow for Pygame?

This would require either a new dependency to a SVG parser library or
someone, who implements the SVG standard using python's XML
implementation.  I am currently not aware of any good and system
independant SVG library (there's librsvg for some unix flavours and
Adobe's SVG parser for Win32/Mac OS) which could be used here.

Maybe you could use an external renderer, such as cairo (if it supports
SVG) and operate on a binary filebuffer returned by it.

Regards
Marcus