Re: [pygame] Pygame SOC-Networking

hi,

it looks pretty good.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

It can handle multiple clients.
You can be a server and client at the same time.
You can listen on multiple ports.
It uses a separate queue for incoming messages, not the SDL event queue.
It is TCP only at the moment.
It supports pygame events.  In that it can encode them, but they are
not created the same at the other end(should be fairly easy to
change).
It does not have a lobby or anything like that.

I'll have another play with it later... I'm thinking of a simple game
I could do as a test.

Cheers,

On 7/27/06, Simon Wittber <simonwittber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/27/06, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Most excellent!
>
> Do you have an example program I could look at?
>
> I couldn't find a README or docs, so I'm not really sure what to do with it.
>
> Some docs and an example program would make it a lot easier for me to
> play with it.

http://svn.xerian.net/xerian.net/FibraNet/sandbox/

I'll find a more permanent home for these examples later.

-Sw.