From: owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Phil Hassey
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:57
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pygame] RPG Quest System

Hey,

Use python for your scripting language.  It's the best!

(I'm not being silly either - I use python for scripting python in several
games.  I've made an adventure game -
svn://www.imitationpickles.org/pyweek3/trunk - which imports the various
rooms as needed.  If you don't want to import rooms, you can always load
them up dynamically.)

- Phil

Giuliano Vilela <giulianoxt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi guys,

I've done some simple small games with PyGame, and decided to move on to a
little fun RPG zelda-like game. I managed to make a little tile scrolling
engine, dialog and ugly interfaces, spells, itens (still under work), etc..
etc... What I really am worried about is the, not sure what to call, "quest
system".

I can't think of a simple way of making a scenario, some things that the
"hero" have to do before advancing... Becouse, you know, this is pretty
huge. The quest that the hero is doing at the moment decides the dialogs of
the npc's, closed gates, etc etc... I'm thinking about making like a
"scripting" language to describe all those things, but I can't think of any
way to include this in the game... It's just something so... general.

Anyway, some of you must already have done something similar, so I wanna
hear your toughts about this =) Ways of designing the codes, some ideas
about the quest system, is the "scripting language" the right way of doing
it, etc...

Hope i've been clear... Feel free to ask anything. The game will be
available at the PyGame wiki as soons as it is "playable".

Thank you already,

Giuliano Vilela.

   _____

Don't get soaked. Take a
<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news> quick peak
at the forecast
with the Yahoo!
<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news> Search
weather shortcut.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email including any attachments, contains
confidential information belonging to the sender. It may also be
privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this emailed information is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify us by
reply email of the error and then delete this email immediately.