Re: [pygame] playing a list of songs

"Jason Coggins" <jcoggins828@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am having trouble figuring out how to play a list of .mp3 files.  I have
> tried using the for loop to cycle through the list but it repeatedly
> starts
> playing the first song in the list but never gets to the end of the song
> before it starts playing it again.

Two things you could do:

1) use pygame.mixer.music.play() to play the first song, and then
immediately use pygame.mixer.music.queue() on the remaining songs in your
list.

2) periodically call pygame.mixer.music.get_busy() to check to see if the
current song has finished, then play() another song.

-Dave LeCompte