Re: [pygame] Transparency

OK, that looks like what I need.

On 7/23/07, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I may not be understanding you right - but it sounds like you want to
have a pygame window that lets other windows on the desktop show
through...

If that is what you are after, then you will not be able to achieve
that with pygame. SDL has no features at all for either custom shaped
windows or window transparency (which are the two OS level
technologies I know of that can let you achieve what it sounds like
you are asking about)

wxPython is the only thing I know of that has that kind of thing as a
feature (if you are interested, check out the "ShapedWindow" sample in
the miscellaneous section of the wxPython demo)