Re: [pygame] run_tests.py subprocess mode and Build Page extensions

Hi,

I tried running the tests in subprocess mode an everything passed. Great, except I didn't have either pskill or taskkill installed. When checking for the programs Popen.wait() always returned 0, even when the program was not found. So it incorrectly assumed I had pskill installed (first in the list). Anyway, since pywin32 is already required, why not do the TerminateProcess system call directly, making pskill or taskkill unnecessary. If interested I can making the necessary changes to async_sub.py.

Lenard

Nicholas Dudfield wrote:

Greetings all,

I recently gave the run_tests.py a bit of an upgrade to run each test in subprocesses. I wrote some tests and I think it's ready to use on the build page. (It requires win32file and win32pipe though on windows)

There is a post on my blog that goes into a little bit of detail. Also a post re: the stub generator.

* http://blog.akalias.net/2008/07/subprocessed.html

* http://blog.akalias.net/2008/07/stubby.html