Re: [pygame] converting "object position" to "view position" in (py)opengl

You can have dynamic text on a billboard ... just update the texture
when you need to. How are you currently rendering text?

Why not use GLU? It's almost sure to be there if GL is. GLUT isn't on
the other hand ...
You could reimplement the glProject function in Python, but
billboarding would be easiest.