Re: [pygame] sprite 'weird' rotation

hi

Maybe that helps you: http://arainyday.se/projects/python/JumpingJack/

Look in the archives, this has been asked before.

~DR0ID

Paulo Silva schrieb:
ok, understood! and thanks about the fixing from the attachment! :)

On 7/20/09, Michael George <mdgeorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Note that you would need rotate_point or something similar if you want
to rotate around a point that's not the center.

Michael George wrote:
Oops, I made a type.  See attached

Michael George wrote:
Actually, after looking more closely, rotate_point wasn't what you
needed.  The problem was because when you rotate the image, the
output is still an upright rectangle, and you were placing (the upper
left corner of) that rectangle in the same place.  If you place the
center instead, it works out.  See the attached file for the fixed
version.

--Mike

Paulo Silva wrote:
thanks!

but btw, i tried to apply it, and the result got more weird - not only
i can't move the sprites independently, as the rotations got much more
weird

http://pastebin.com/f733ebf04

(anyway, i'm still newbie on Pygame, and i still struggle a lot about
how Python deals with variables, arrays, lists, and methods )

if someone know how to fix it, be welcome on editing that, and sharing
us the resulting pastebin url - thanks a lot in advance! :)