Re: [pygame] Pygame vs XNA

XNA provides a lot of built-in functionality for 3D games. None of it is very advanced, ie. vector math, hlsl shader loading, cameras and lights, bounding sphere and aabbox collisions, fbx and .x model loading... but it is easier and quicker to get going with 3D with XNA than with pygame + opengl or directx.  XNA also has xbox 360, zune, silverlight and windows mobile 7 support which PyGame doesn't. If you want 2D I would say the apis provide similar functionality with PyGame having some more advanced raster functionality and XNA having better video hardware acceleration and sprite batching.  PyGame has the advantage of being open source and cross-platform to other oses and non-microsoft portable devices, and probably supports older computer hardware better. Also python is way more fun and less of a headache to use than C#, although it will be considerably slower than C# in some areas (Since the heavy drawing stuff is in the C SDL binary for pygame it shouldn't be a huge issue though).

Devon