Re: [pygame] deiconify method?

You're not missing anything obvious. There is no method to de-iconify, because the underlying SDL library had no method to de-iconify.

I think the reason for that may be that there weren't programmatic de-iconify methods on all platforms - the operating system window managers usually don't want apps to be able to activate themselves and steal focus, because it's generally considered bad form and annoying to the user if apps do that.

You might be able to get this going with ctypes calling platform specific stuff withyour window handle from the pygame.display.get_wm_info() function

I think windows has a deiconify call (ShowWindow with the correct SW_ flag), but I think it only works if your window is already active, otherwise it makes your bar blink blue or something - basically it just lets you politely ask to be un-minimized - the user must be the one to actually un-minimize the app.