Re: [pygame] FULLSCREEN or ~FULLSCREEN?

Nope, that has not been my experience at all! I've always found that fullscreen makes a big difference. I just tried one of my old pygame+GL test scripts that was written to test the effect of varying the resolution. Here's what it gave me for fullscreen modes and windowed modes:

FULLSCREEN:
1920x1080: 17.3fps
1280x720: 55.6fps
960x540: 153.7fps

~FULLSCREEN:
1920x1080: 17.5fps
1280x720: 36.2fps
960x540: 58.7fps

As you can see, the smaller the resolution, the more performance fullscreen gives you. In my case if you're running at the maximum possible resolution, fullscreen makes no difference, but only then.

Hope that helps!
Christopher