Re: [pygame] Re: SDL 1.3 blit speed

That just hurt my brain. But I like it! :)

Gumm

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One particular technique for scrolling multi-layer backgrounds (that don't have parallax or animation anyways) is to have one large surface which is big enough to cover the screen, and to treat it as a wrapping buffer (so you do 4 blits to the screen from the surface in order to get the parts of the buffer as they wrap around the edges - hope that makes sense). Then as the background scrolls, you render in the newly visible parts into the buffer from your layers (using source clipping to get just the newly visible portion rendering on top of the newly offscreen part)