Re: [pygame] Surface objects

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:05 +0200, "DR0ID" <dr0id@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
An old experiment of mine, it might give you a clue how you can do it (actually it replaces the pygame Surface object with the SurfaceObject class):

https://python-pyknic.googlecode.com/svn/branches/pyknic-2.0/experimental/surfaceobject.py

Right, you appear to be doing the much the same thing, using super() to create the surface object. What I want to know is, how can you get it to act like that if you already have a surface. So, instead of passing in the size:
s = SurfaceObject((400,300))
You would pass in an existing pygame.Surface object.
s = pygame.Surface((400,300))
so = SurfaceObject(s)
One way I've just thought of, maybe if I create a new surface (through __init__) the same size as the surface passed in, then just blit the passed in surface onto the newly created surface.