Re: [pygame] pygame to android

The theory is that pygame_sdl2 will be able to run the pygame test suite at some point.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:30 PM tom arnall <kloro2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
" And pygame_sdl2 is far from ready - there's no test suite, for example."

what happened to "write tests first!" ?

On 7/22/15, Tom Rothamel <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:37 PM Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Tom,
>> Is sdl2 Pygame the way forward for Pygame?
>>

> I think it is - but I'm biased about this. And pygame_sdl2 is far from
> ready - there's no test suite, for example. All I can say is that I
> need/plan to maintain pygame_sdl2 indefinitely to support Ren'Py. (Or at
> least until a better implementation of the Pygame API comes about.)
>
> I would be interested in assisting with a generic Pygame packager for cross
>> platform applications. Where would we get started in doing that, to
>> separate it from Ren'Py in a generic way?
>>

> I'd suggest grabbing a copy of the Ren'Py SDK (from www.renpy.org),
> creating a new project, and building distributions of it, just to get a
> feel for what the tools can do in terms of installing text editors and
> packaging games for various platforms.
>
> My thinking is the right thing to would be to modify the Ren'Py launcher so
> that it can be rebranded and released as a pygame tool, as opposed to
> trying to make something standalone. This is for pragmatic reasons -
> maintaining a split version would be more ongoing work that coming up with
> a variant of the launcher that can launch and package arbitrary pygame
> apps.
>
> That being said, all the Ren'Py packager does is to copy various files into
> zip or tar.bz2 files with appropriate permissions info, so if someone wants
> to make a standalone tool or distribution, they can.

Faced with the possibility of its extinction, every species finds
within itself powers unimaginable in the days of its complacency.