[pygame] Help? Alpha changes (regressions?) in 1.9.3 vs 1.9.2?

Hi,

there's a couple of what seem to be changes in how alpha stuff works in 1.9.3 VS 1.9.2 and before.

I'm wondering if they are intentional, and when these changes were made?

"Surface.set_alpha() sets the SRCALPHA flag"
https://github.com/pygame/pygame/issues/455

"Surface.convert() does not remove the SRCALPHA flag"
https://github.com/pygame/pygame/issues/456

Some things people could do to help:

- write a python function that tests if the behaviour is there? Then we can build pygame, and find the commits where it was changed. Perhaps this already exists in the python code posted in one of the issues.
- Also... is the new behaviour good? Is there a discussion somewhere about this in the mailing list or else where? I can't remember when we changed this, but also it was likely years ago, and maybe not done by me.

best regards,