Re: [pygame] apt-get install pygame

'Pete Shinners' wrote about '[pygame] apt-get install pygame' - Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 09:04:56PM CEST
> ok, i've setup our own little unofficial pygame repository.
> unfortunately the redhat server didn't have the tools needed
> to build the stuff automatically, so i created the files by
> hand (hopefully no errant letters will kill apt-get?)
>
> anyways, to add pygame into your packages list, put the
> following lines into your /etc/apt/sources.list file:
>
> deb http:/www.pygame.org/ftp/debian/ ./
> deb-src http:/www.pygame.org/ftp/debian/ ./
>

> i'm not sure if the source stuff will really work, but i
> have high hopes for the i386 binary stuff. after adding
> these lines i believe the commands are
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get install pygame
>
> any debian users able to try this out? if it works i'm
> real happy! if not, hopefully it's just a quick fix

It works for me, although apt complains a little:

Failed to fetch http://www.pygame.org/ftp/debian/./Release  rename failed, No such file or directory (/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/www.pygame.org_ftp_debian_._Release -> /var/lib/apt/lists/www.pygame.org_ftp_debian_._Release).

Source fails:

rhudaur:~# apt-get source pygame
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done