Re: [pygame] How fast is pygame meant to be?

Christian Perfect wrote:
> down to around 15/20 fps when there are lots of frags on screen. I think my
> question's answered, then - don't use pygame for pixel plotting :P

this is true. any intense pixel work will definitely show up on the python
scale of speed. if we needed we could probably hardcode some of the effect
down and gain a little extra speed. the only fortunately thing is that
python mixes easily with C, so particle systems could be handled elsewhere
inside a game.

> Another observation - hardware acceleration doesn't seem to be available in
> windowed mode. Is it meant to be?

true, this is how SDL works. when using a window SDL doesn't even bother
with directx acceleration. there's nothing technical keeping that from
working, it just sadly has never been written for SDL.