Re: [pygame] screen not being refreshed

Lee Harr wrote:
I recently started using KDE and now I notice that when working
with pygame interactively the window does not get redrawn after
it has been covered and then re-exposed.  This did not happen
with my past window managers (qlwm, twm).
ah, wait!
i just noticed the "interactively" part. pygame can be a little picky from the interactive interpreter. i assume the other window managers worked because of 'backing store' and the templated window moves.

You know... now I am wondering if it was my old video card that was doing
this. I just tried this on a different machine and none of the window managers
will repaint the screen in an interactive session.

calling "pygame.event.pump()" while at the prompt should trigger SDL to handle the redraw events waiting in its window queue.

Hmm... I use this with my pygsear turtle graphics module... we just use it from
the regular command prompt. Is there some way to tie in to the busy loop that
is waiting for keypresses there?

I made a refresh() method that calls pygame.display.update() but it is kind of a hassle.
I was thinking of somehow using the twisted mainloop to do this... hmm.

Thanks for your time.