[pygame] event queue full

(I've tried posting this several times without success... apologize if you see this message several times!)

I have a strange problem where my pygame program becomes unresponsive to keypresses. I've found a specific set of steps that trigger this consistently (although there may be others):

1: run spinvaders (http://www.nuthole.com/compute/programming/spinvaders) on Mac OS X
2: start a game, and pause it
3: run the Grab screenshot-grabbing application (or switch to it if it's already running)
4: switch back to spinvaders, and it's hung!

The mac menu at the top of the screen is still active, so I can quit the program from the menu without any trouble. When I do quit it, the following message appears in the console.log:

2004-06-08 23:34:43.917 Spinvaders[837] Event queue full

The only place I can see this text being generated is in pygame's event.c:event_post(). Looks like an SDL event buffer is filling up. The odd thing is that my game's event loop is the same whether playing or paused; I look for and deal with all keyup/keydown/quit events.

I have seen this happen one other time, when switching the game from full screen back to windowed mode (this time with the game still going on, NOT paused). The game continues running, enemies keep moving and shooting, but I've lost all keyboard control. When I quit the app, I get the same message about the event queue.

Any ideas?

//jack