Re: [pygame] cross-platform prefs storage?

OpenGLContext has a module which gets this folder in "the right" way, i.e. one which should work on anything down to Win98 and up through WinXP (and beyond). Module source is here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pyopengl/OpenGLContext/browser/homedirectory.py?view=markup

HTH,
Mike

Jon Doda wrote:

Jack Nutting wrote:

Thanks, it never occurred to me that python would be smart enough to expand "~" on Windows to "c:\documents and settings\$user". I'm pretty sure the "Application Data" folder is called something else in different Windows languages, but I can hopefully dig that out.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. Just chalk me up as another anglo-centric developer who never thinks about localization :).
 Mike C. Fletcher
 Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
 http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/
 blog: http://zope.vex.net/~mcfletch/plumbing/