[pygame] Re: BOUNCE pygame-users@seul.org: Non-member submission from ["DavidKeeney" <dkeeney@travelbyroad.net>]

I am looking at converting some code from GLUT to PyGame. Does the font functionality work in OpenGL display mode, or is there a workaround way to display text to an OpenGL display using PyGame?

The code in question uses GLUT raster text, and would need an alternate method of displaying text.
David, Pygame itself has nothing for fonts in opengl. The only direct solution I can think of is to render the text, convert it to a texture, and have opengl draw it with a textured quad.

But that can be a bit awkward, especially with the "square, powers of 2" size restrictions.

It sounds like several opengl projects are starting to take off, has anyone found a reasonable text solution?