Re: [pygame] root privileges when running pygame

maybe you don't have permission?  What type of video card is it?  Not
a voodoo is it?

Sounds like your linux box is taking over the video display.  Which
requires root.

By default pygame/SDL usually tries going to window mode unless you
give it a full screen flag.  So maybe SDL can not do windowed things
in your setup?

Another possibility is you are running with eg svga sdl video driver.